Emerging technologies are transforming how value is created and distributed in society. As the region embraces and adapts to the Fourth Industrial Revolution, how can it simultaneously ensure that human-centred governance structures are also in place?
On the Forum Agenda:
– Mapping risks and consequences of deploying new technologies
– Adopting agile governance approaches
– Deploying accountability measures
This session was developed in partnership with Al Arabiya.
This session is associated with the Platforms for Shaping the Future of Fourth Industrial Revolution Governance.
· Wafa Ben-Hassine, Counsel, Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Policy, Access Now, USA
· Omar bin Sultan Al Olama, Minister of State for Artificial Intelligence of the United Arab Emirates
. Khalid Al Rumaihi, Chief Executive, Bahrain Economic Development Board, Bahrain
· Mudassir Sheikha, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Careem, United Arab Emirates
· Murat Sönmez, Managing Director; Head, Centre for the Fourth Industrial Revolution Global Network, World Economic Forum
Special Remarks by
· Klaus Schwab, Founder and Executive Chairman, World Economic Forum
· Lara Habib, Senior Presenter, Al Arabiya, United Arab Emirates