Despite significant progress against ISIS, it continues to recruit foreign fighters through its propaganda machinery. From counter-narratives to safe spaces for conversation, what is needed to amplify initiatives to protect at-risk populations?
On the Forum Agenda:
– Deciphering online propaganda and social media
– Reinforcing positive identity
– Building structures for conversation
This session was developed in partnership with TRT World.
-Abdullah Abdullah, Chief Executive of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
– Latifa Ibn Ziaten, Founder, Imad Association for Youth and Peace, France
– Ahmad Iravani, President and Executive Director, Center for the Study of Islam and the Middle East (CSIME), USA
– Anne Speckhard, Director, International Center for the Study of Violent Extremism (ICSVE), USA
– Hassan Al Thawadi, Secretary-General, Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy, Qatar
Ghida Fakhry, Presenter, TRT World, Turkey